2020 Meatpacking Holiday Gift Guide
December 10, 2020
From luxe, to gifts on a budget, and items that are guaranteed to relax, our holiday gift guide has something for everyone. Support your favorite shops this year by shopping safely in person or directly online. Here’s our 2020 guide to help you give the best gifts from the neighborhood.
IT’S THE LITTLE THINGS
If there’s anything this year has taught us, it’s to value the little things in life.
- Knit Hat from Tory Burch – This hat keeps you cozy and warm, but the colors will brighten any mood.
- Damselfy Flowers Clean Floral Arrangement – Sending flowers is always a good idea to let someone know you’re thinking of them or just because.
- Gold Foil Celestial Journal from Paper Source – A gift to those who have been writing more this year or keeping a journal.
- Reinstein Ross Cameo Ring – This ring features Nike the goddesses of strength, speed and victory. She is the belief that you can be and do anything.
- Misha Nonoo Husband shirt – A bestselling button up, that can be personalized with your loved one’s initials, on a hidden inside-collar embroidery.
LUXE FOR HER
For the woman who always wants the best of the best.
- Shema Slingback Bag from t.a. – Made in NYC this bag is as chic as it is functional featuring a pocket that’s large enough to fit an Ipad Pro.
- Royal College Scarf from Loro Piana – A generously sized cashmere scarf in a luxe tartan pattern perfect for winters in NYC.
- Avia Shearling Jacket from Belstaff – A shearling jacket they’ll wear for a lifetime.
- The Lovestruck Cropped Bodice from Zimmermann – Exaggerated frills make this top a fun option.
- Visko Velvet Jacket from Zadig + Voltaire – A beautiful jacket that has striking accents and details.
- Boiled Cashmere Funnel Neck Pullover from Vince – Nothing says luxe like soft cashmere.
MORE FOR HER
- Market Bag by Marni – This fun bag is only available at the Marni Meatpacking location and comes in at a great price!
- Denver Round Hem Sweatshirt from Alice + Olivia – A gift to commiserate 2020 and also give a little laugh.
- Cashmere Jogger from Rebecca Taylor – The ultimate luxe and cozy set with this tie-cuff jogger knit from yarns of plush cashmere wool.
- New to the neighborhood Frame, just opened up shop on Gansevoort Street. Give the gift of luxe and sophisticated denim with the bestseller Le Garcon Crop Jean.
- Telena Sunglasses from Moscot – Sunglasses with a story, this design was inspired by Moscot’s family visits to Little Italy.
LUXE FOR HIM
For the man who has everything and wants everything.
- Quilted Gloves in Oiled Leather from Theory – A refined option for every day to keep warm.
- Brunello Cuccinelli bag – For weekend trips out of the city that are close to home.
- Anders Blazer from Stephen F – A limited run piece that can be worn dressed up or down.
- Christian Louboutin Dandelion flats – A sophisticated flat to put on for dancing at home or around town.
- Pajama shirt from Helmut Lang – A WFH outfit that could work just right for Zoom meetings straight out of bed.
MORE FOR HIM
- Men’s Recycled Cashmere Crewneck Sweater from Patagonia – For the eco-conscious, this sweater is made from 95% recycled cashmere.
- North Hunter Jacket from Holubar – An exclusive snow-proof, wind-proof and water-proof jacket to make winter more bearable.
- Nike Acg Air Nasu Gore from Sneakersnstuff – For the sneaker obsessed, SNS is where to go for the coolest kicks.
- Black Leather Mobile Pouch from The Kooples – A spacious, understated and elegant accessory for on the go.
- Stainless Steel Leather Wrapped Watch from All Saints – The new watch collection from AllSaints is perfect for the city dweller with it’s stainless steel and leather features.
ARTS + CULTURE + TECH
- Artist Shantell Martin created an exclusive capsule collection just for the Whitney Museum. Martin’s work features a visual style made up of bold improvisational lines and draws connections between identity and belonging, expectations and experiences, and artist and audience.
- Galaxy Buds Live from Samsung – “Feel like you’re on the front row”.
- Make a Donation to Support the Arts – The arts community has been one of the hardest hit sectors during the pandemic. If you’re able, consider donating to Atlantic Theater to help support actors, arts education, and sustaining the theater.
- Tickets to Artechouse – Give the gift of experience by gifting tickets to see Artechouse’ immersive exhibits.
- Working Together: Louis Draper and the Kamoinge Workshop from the Whitney Gift Shop – This catalogue accompanies the recently opened exhibition Working Together, an unprecedented exhibition that chronicles the formative years of the Kamoinge Workshop, a collective of Black photographers established in New York City in 1963.
FOR THE FOODIE
Give the gift of supporting your favorite NYC restaurants this year with gift cards, books, and one-of-a-kind gifts.
- Support the hospitality industry and give a gift card to their favorite Meatpacking Restaurant. Here’s a list of restaurants in the neighborhood.
- For the cheese lover, grab Anne Saxelby’s, owner of Saxelby Cheese in Chelsea Market, new book “The New Rules Of Cheese”.
- Give the gift of tahini with Seed + Mill’s “Halva Happy Holidays” kit.
- Starbucks Reserve Roastery New York blend – Roasted right here in Meatpacking.
- Missing Old Homestead? You can order a steak dinner for two for you or a loved one now on Gold Belly.
In November we gave a full guide for how to shop and support small in our neighborhood as well as Greenwich Village and Bleecker Street here. Below are just a few picks from the list on how to support local this year.
- Vintage Dior Glasses at Caserta Eye – Call or shop in-store at Caserta Eye for vintage and one-of-a-kind finds on Eighth Avenue.
- For the Italian look, go for Tiziano Zoran on Washington Street. Designed in New York and made in Italy in-house.
- From Cocktail to candle, these candles available at Little West Wines are inspired by classic and modern cocktails.
- If there’s someone in your life that could use the gift of space and a place to work in peace, gift them a membership with a day, month or year pass to CSTM Haus.
- For original glasses designed here in NYC, stop by Lucky Selectism on 14th Street.
MOMENTS OF ZEN
We’ve all done our best to try and find moments of peace in a chaotic year. These gift ideas will help relax and recharge.
- Caudalie Instant Detox Mask – an Instant Detox Mask that purifies stressed city dwelling skin.
- It may look like a car key, but it’s a vape. The TribeTokes vape pen is a chic and discreet accessory for the CBD newbie or veteran.
- These therapy balls from Pearl River Market are believed to ease tension in the hands and improve dexterity.
- This luxurious and ultra soft throw from Arhaus will make your loved one feel like they’re wrapped up in a cloud.
- Scent therapy. The perfect size when they can’t make up their mind which scent is their favorite, Sephora’s Jo Malone Cologne Collection Mini Set makes a great gift.
Gifts that will impress with a smaller budget.
- Sayo Cuff from Neighborhood Goods.
- The Reversible mat from Lululemon – At $78 this sturdy and aesthetically pleasing mat is a great gift for all those partaking in at-home workouts.
- Healthy Hands Trio from Kiehl’s – A practical and very needed gift for 2020.
- Addison Beanie from rag + bone – Made from an extra fine merino wool blend, this is a classic beanie designed to keep you itch free and cozy from season to season.
- Jella Silk Scarf from DVF – Wear this silk scarf around your neck, wear it over your head, tie it on your favorite tote, or as a halter top.