2021 Meatpacking Gift Guide
December 9, 2021
‘Tis the season to give, and Meatpacking has the gifts. From luxe, to candles, something for the home, and under $150, there’s a little something for everyone from the district this year! No judgement if you want to pick out something for yourself too.
- 1) Dachshund Salt + Pepper Shakers from The Standard Shop – For the Dachshund and dog lover, these shakers will make a table statement, keep the S&P off the floor, and they’ll stick together, too.
- 2) Get inspired for 2022’s LEAF Festival of Flowers with TASCHEN’s Redouté Book of Flowers from Neighborhood Goods located in Chelsea Market.
- 3) K.Haring Tray from Higher Standards – Because cannabis is legal. Give your friends some Christmas cheer with this colorful tray.
- 4) Caudalie Facial – For the skincare obsessed person in your life.
- 5) Frame Emerald Card Holder – Slim and sleek, this color popping card holder makes a chic gift.
ONLY IN MEATPACKING
- 1) For the festive Frank Stella fan, a Christmas tree ornament, only at the Whitney Museum – pick your color and style and bring a pop to that tree.
- 2) Pick your charm, and pick your color string with customized bracelets from Anna. Start a collection for someone or add to an existing collectors wrist. Monogram and personalized options are also available.
- 3) Converse Chuck 70 2 in 1 x Feng Chen Wang – For the person who always has on the coolest pair of sneakers, SneakersNStuff is the place to go and this pair is a perfect, bold pick.
- 4) A vintage poster from La Belle Epoque – New to the neighborhood, Le Belle Epoque, has just opened their outpost on Eighth Avenue. Specializing in Art Nouveau, Art Deco, and Mid-Century vintage posters, this would make an extra special and unique gift.
- 5) Bespoke kimono bags only in store at Sohung Design (325 W. 16th Street). Made from vintage kimono fabric these colorful bags catch the eye and can be worn over the shoulder, or as a messenger.
FOR THE FOODIE
- 1) A pile of pastries from Fabrique Bakery with cinnamon, saffron, walnuts, almonds, and creams – oh my! It’s the holidays and butter isn’t a carb, so go nuts because this Nordic bakery sure knows how to warm your tummy.
- 2) Zach and Zoe honey All natural. No pesticides. No additives. Just pure, raw , honey from this family owned business. Choose from a variety of flavors including lavender, blueberry, and a honey bbq blend for savory foods like burgers, chicken, or dip for veggies.
- 3) The Chili Box from Pearl River Mart Foods Pearl pays homage to Asian food in NYC. This spicy collection is made up of artisanal products from local restaurants, national purveyors, and small businesses. This “hot” box features a trio of popular sauces.
- 4) Heatonist Women Sauce Maker Kit – Is an ideal gift for someone one who enjoys some heat and supporting women-owned businesses.
- 5) Saxelby cheese of the month club – The gift that keeps on giving for the food lover. Each month, a selection of three delicious American artisan cheeses will be sent to your doorstep along with detailed tasting notes and information on the farms and cheesemakers.
FOR THE HOME
- 1) House parties are back, thank god. Light up the table with this Soho Home Snowdon Candelabra.
- 2) Up the champagne serving game by gifting a cut crystal set of flutes.
- 3) Recently re-opened Marcus on 13th Street has a unique, well-curated selection of home decor to gift the person with individual taste. From whimsical trays, one-of-a-kind vintage drawer sachets, fashion and design coffee table books, and fun games, there’s plenty gift-giving options. You’ll have to head to the Meatpacking location in-person as home goods aren’t shipped and available only in-store.
- 4) Pet Pillows from Unfashional – cute and iconic, warm your friend’s apartments with plush images of your favorite cat or dog only in store.
- 5) Damselfly Flowers Dried Floral Bouquet – With a longer lifespan than fresh flowers, this is a gift that keeps on giving.
- 6) Klasa dark gold platter from Arhaus – this tray will make their next party standout with plenty of crevices for their favorite bites and nibbles.
ARTS + CULTURE + TECH
- 1) Gift experiences! Tickets to Machine Hallucination at Artechouse will do the trick for an experience they won’t forget.
- 2) Google Pixel 6 – Google’s newest and most advanced phone, built with AI integrated into the system, and an advanced camera system. It’s the best phone for your friend who doesn’t mind being the green chat bubble in a sea of blue. Grab at the new Google Store in Meatpacking.
- 3) Whitney Museum Poster Screen-Printing Kit – This kit includes everything you need to start making wearable art including a press, screen, squeegee, inks, and eco-friendly cleaners.
- 4) The Frame TV by Samsung is a work of art in and of itself. The Frame gives you ways to personalize your space and enhance your aesthetic, all while enjoying the stunning picture quality of a 4K QLED picture frame tv.
- 5) Support the arts with a donation to White Columns.
LUXE FOR HER
- 1) Carrying on the mini bag trend, this Tom Ford piece from two:minds is festive and fun for the holiday season. Stop by the store on Gansevoort Street to see and purchase this unique piece and more!
- 2) CJR Oversized Funnel Neck Chevron Sweater – This chunky oversized sweater from t.a. is everything you could possibly want in a sweater.
- 3) Hitting the slopes? Make it luxury with these Balmain ski boots from two:minds.
- 4) You know what they say, diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Reinstein Ross Goldsmiths will take your gifting to the next level with the Mosaic Half Moon Band with champagne diamonds set in 20K peach gold.
- 5) Yves Salomon Shearling-Trimmed Metallic Puffer from Intermix is a shiny and fun way to keep warm this winter.
MORE FOR HER
- 1) The Delania Crew Neck Crop from alice + olivia is the perfect piece for layering, dressing up, or casual occasions. It’s the goes-with-everything item she needs to wear throughout the season. With so many options, it’ll be hard to choose just one!
- 2) Fjallraven Expedition Long Down parka – The coat she needs for thriving in NYC winters.
- 3) New to the neighborhood Saint Art makes New York street wear for everyone. The limited run drops are sustainable and trend focused, so you can feel good about the price point and the environment. Not to mention you’ll stand out while doing it. Shop the latest holiday drop and fast!
- 4) The Afsana In 3D Cube Pink Herringbone scarf from DVF is cute, reversible, and fun!
- 5) Eberjey PJ Set – The world’s softest pjs in a classic silhouette are the coziest gift you can give this season.
LUXE FOR HIM
- 1) A Chelsea boot like no other, the Fever from Christian Louboutin. Zip in and heels away, you’ll help him blaze a trail.
- 2) The goes-with-everything gray Cashmere vanisé knit scarf from Brunello Cucinelli.
- 3) Loro Piana My Baseball Hat is made from cashmere and lined with plaid cashmere making it comfy and chic for walks around the city.
- 4) Marni Striped Brushed Mohair Sweater – stripes + a sweater = a winning combination.
- 5) Stephen F Orange Case with Gold Zipper – A stylish case to carry your everyday needs. Don’t fret the cold weather with this case in hand. When called upon, the fur outside pocket doubles as a glove. Due to the limited run nature of Stephen F, most unique products are often not featured for online purchase. Pop by the Flagship store in Meatpacking on Little W 12th Street for all the luxe goods for him.
MORE FOR HIM
- 1) Theory quilted gloves in oiled leather – a refined option for every day warmth.
- 2) rag + bone Photo Reel Cotton Quilted Hoodie – a standout print that’s also comfortable.
- 3) Missing the Obama days? Rock the print that Michelle Obama wore at the 2015 Whitney Museum ribbon cutting as a necktie. It works all year long.
- 4) Vans Checkerboard Slip-On – You can never go wrong with a classic like checkerboard Vans.
- 5) Bellstaff Orkney Roll Neck Sweater – Embrace the nordic knit sweater with this modern sinuous styling in washable pima cotton.
In November we shared a ‘Not So Small Guide to Shopping Small’ for Small Business Saturday on November 27. Check the guide for ideas on how to #shopsmall and support local all year long, especially during the holiday season!
- 1) Martial Vivot Men’s Hair Cream – a luxurious conditioning cream from the premier men’s salon located on Hudson Street. While you’re at it, treat him to a trim. He’ll love the full experience at the salon.
- 2) Kobrick’s Holiday Blend is the coffee that will keep you jolly in the mornings all season long!
- 3) For unique, one-of-a-kind sunnies, Caserta Eye is a go-to for all eyewear needs.
- 4) For the ones who are always on the go, the best thing you can give them is Three Owls Stocked Program for healthy, fresh, and delicious meals delivered to your door.
- 5) Of course, your pooch deserves gifts too and this Canada Pooch Parka from Beasty Feast will keep your pup warm and fashionable all winter long.
TRENDING NOW: CANDLES
- 1) Pop into Little West Wines for some bubbly and walk out with a delicious locally made candle by Cocktail Parlor.
- 2) The Pine + Scotch candle from Lucky Selectism smells like a weekend away at the cabin with a glass of good scotch in hand.
- 3) Neighborhood Goods Candle Making Kit – An eco-friendly candle that comes in a plant based bag and all your need to do is melt and pour into your favorite vessel.
- 4) Tonka and Florum Soho Home – Inspired by Soho House in Mykonos, this candle will transport you elsewhere.
- 5) Nest Holiday Candle from Sephora – No description needed. A candle you just have to have for the holidays.