A SMALL GUIDE ON HOW TO SHOP SMALL
November 21, 2019
For Small Business Saturday, we’ve teamed up with our neighbors at the Greenwich Village Alliance and #ShopBleeker to showcase the best of the small but mighty businesses in our neighborhoods and remind you to shop small on November 30. Whether shopping for yourself or for someone else, you’re sure to find unique, one-of-a-kind items. We’ve created a list of the must-visit shops on Saturday for all character types.
For the Fashion Forward
- Shop for one of a kind glasses from Lucky Selectism
- Give an old piece of jewelry new life with a customized piece from Deka Jewelry
- Stay warm and stylish with a custom Italian-made coat from Tiziano Zoran
- Snag a pair of boots to keep you warm this winter from Mind Boggler
- Cozy up with a cashmere sweater (at a very approachable price) from Filoro
- Seek out a statement piece to go with a new holiday outfit from Meg
- Look effortlessly cool in a Stephen F blazer
For the Love of Sweets
- End your meal on a sweet note with ricotta cheesecake or Pistachio Tartufo from OTTO Enoteca e Pizzeria
- Go the healthy route and pick up homemade yogurt from Culture American Yogurt
- Pick up Holiday themed chocolate from Manhattan’s oldest chocolate house, Li Lac Chocolates
- Try a a classic tiramisu from Vipiano
- Savor a creme brulee from neighborhood French hangout Amelie
- Be a health nut with the macnella bowl made with macadamia nut chocolate butter from Ono Bowls
- Reward yourself with a salted chocolate chip cookie from Three Owls Market
For the Wine + Beer Connoisseurs
- Find fine and rare craft beers at Some Good Beer for the beer enthusiast. Plus, there’s beer-related gifts perfect for the holiday season.
- Take a well-deserved break from shopping and sip on wine from an extensive list at Marble‘s Waldorf Bar.
- Book a private wine tasting for your and your friends at Little West Wines while picking up a bottle to-go.
- Treat the host (or yourself) with a bottle of Bordeaux at the upcoming holiday party from B&S Zeeman
- Get out of the cold and cozy up at 8th Street Wine Cellar, a beloved Greenwich Village spot with a extensive list of boutique wines.
For a Bit of History
- Sip on a cappuccino in what was formerly Eighth Street Bookshop, a literary center of Greenwich Village in the 50′s and 60′s at Stumptown Coffee
- The OG of New York’s beer scene, take down a cold one at Blind Tiger from a curated, rotating list.
- Shop all your skincare needs at the oldest apothecary in the US, C.O Bigelow Chemists
- Take a stroll through historic Chelsea Market, the former Nabisco Factory and make your way to Artists + Fleas. Shop from over 30+ small business vendors featuring creators, designers, collectors and curators.
- Grab a vinyl to spin at Village Music World that has been a staple in the music world for 30+ years.
For the Early Riser
- Pick up a coffee to go at Gasoline Alley Coffee with some of the friendliest baristas in town and check off your shopping list in a flash
- Do as Newsbar says and “eat, read, and relax” with a cup of joe after taking an early stroll through Washington Square Park
- Sip on an espresso in the snug French cafe Lena while nibbling on a fresh baked croissant
- Beat the crowd and get a head start on grocery shopping by stocking up at Citarella, The Village’s premier gourmet market offering the freshest seafood, dry-aged meats and top-quality ingredients
- Learn how to lift weights with an early am class in a fun, group setting at Liftonic
- Rise and Bantam bagel with their famous stuffed mini bagels
For the “Treat Yourself” Moment
- Watch the goldsmiths at Reinstein Ross make a custom piece of jewelry right before your eyes
- Book a luxurious face treatment at Kariné Kazarian Skincare to beat winter skin
- Stop by Village Apothecary, the “community pharmacy that cares” to stock up on all your drug store needs
- Snag a new winter look with a cut and color at Gina Le Salon
- Because you can’t truly treat yourself without a massage, stop by Vada for a full menu of services
- Pamper yourself with a facial for the scalp at Salon V
- Take time to get your brows done at Professional Studio
- Make your hair happy with a special repair treatment at Le Mino Salon
- Peruse jewelry with a story at Doyle + Doyle‘s vintage, antique and estate jewelry boutique
For a Lunch Break
- Slip into Simo Pizza and pick up a delicious whole pie made in 90 seconds or less
- Take a bite of the juiciest and tastiest chicken in NYC at Brine
- Have a real taste of Beirut with a traditional Lebanese flatbread at Manousheh
- Sit back and take a long lunch break with Italian fare at Resca
- Have a healthy bite with avocado toast from Bluestone Lane
For the Late Night or All Nighters
- Drink craft beer and play pacman at Barcade
- Dig in to the ravioli of the day at Old Rose then head next door to the Jane Hotel for a good time
- Catch a late night jazz show at the Knickerbocker Bar & Grill
- Slurp up late night noodles at 886
- Chow on spaghetti alla carbonara at Olio e Piu
- Get your caffeine fix at night with a coffee cocktail at Kobrick
- Sip on mezcal until the wee hours of the morning at Ghost Donkey