How to go Plastic Free with Package Free
March 2, 2020
With the new plastic bag ban now in effect for New York, being more sustainable is probably at the top of your mind. Package Free in Chelsea Market gave us tips and product suggestions on how to live a more green lifestyle beyond just doing away with plastic bags. Package Free’s mission is that it should be easy to make choices that positively affect the environment and stocks 100% sustainable products. Check out their tips for greener living and stop by the shop to stock up on all your reusable product needs.
Plastic Free Tips
- Assess Your Waste – Find one thing that feels like an easy place to start, find the alternative at Package Free, implement it into your routine, and then move onto the next.
- Prioritize and Plan – Try brewing coffee at home and bring it in a reusable mug, or pack your lunch in a stainless steel container. Maybe you replace plastic shampoo lotion and soap bottles before they’re finished. Try a shampoo bar! These simple swaps will keep you feeling your best, while also saving your money and having a positive environmental impact!
- Research is Key – There’s not a ‘one size fits all’ solution to reduce your waste. By researching the services your local community offers, such as recycling, composting, and sourcing local food, you can learn how to best reduce waste where you live.
- Celebrate your successes – No matter how big or small of a change you make, it is important to remember that every step to reduce your waste counts! Something as simple as “no straw, please!” is major! No matter where you are on your journey to reduce your waste, every step creates a positive impact.
Looking for simple, everyday swaps? To get started on your plastic-free journey, check out our Top 10 product recommendations to transition to a more sustainable lifestyle.
- Tote Bags
- Reusable Utensils
- Silicone Stasher Bags
- Bamboo Toothbrush
- Reusable Tumbler/Coffee Cup
- Unpaper Towels
- Reusable Straws
- Stainless Steel Tins
- Beeswax Wrap
- Mason Jar