How To Make Tahini Halva Brownies with Seed + Mill
April 23, 2020
Seed. + Mill, located in Chelsea Market, took over our Instagram this week to share what they do along with the best chocolate tahini brownie recipe! See below for the recipe if you missed it and you can find more recipes from Seed + Mill here.
1 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter cut into 3/4 inch cubes, plus extra for greasing
9 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) broken into 1 1/2 inch pieces
4 large eggs
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup plus 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
7oz of halva broken into 3/4 inch pieces
1/3 cup Organic Tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease your 9 x 13-inch pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in microwave, heat, and combine.
3. Place the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes. Add the chocolate-butter mixture and fold through gently with a spatula.
4. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a bowl, then gently fold into the chocolate mixture. Finally, add the cubes of halva, gently fold through the mix, then pour or scrape the mixture into the lined baking pan, using a small spatula to even it out. Dollop small spoonfuls of the tahini paste into the mix, then use a skewer to swirl them through.
5. Bake for about 24 minutes, let cool and cut into squares.