Kitchen Sink Cookie Cake by Mini Melanie
April 3, 2020
Mini Melanie in Chelsea Market is owned and operated by sister duo Melanie and Diana Moss. Fun fact, Melanie was Champion of a special-themed chocolate competition on Food Network’s CHOPPED. On a normal day, their stall is filled with cake pops, cupcakes, mini cakes, cookies and their signature cookie truffles. While we can’t enjoy the treats in person for now, you can brighten someone’s day (including yourself) by ordering their products for delivery nationwide.
ICYMI – Melanie shared her recipe for Kitchen Sink Cookie Cake on Meatpacking’s Instagram. The full recipe can be found below so you can make it anytime you want at home!
2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter (or 1.5 sticks)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 to 3 cups of whatever mix-ins you’d like (such as pretzels, sprinkles, chocolate, etc) chopped up into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream the butter and sugars in an electric mixer with the paddle
attachment until light and fluffy.
3. Pour in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined, scraping the
4. Stir flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
together in a bowl.
5. Dump all of the dry ingredients into the mixer and mix until
combined and you don’t see any more flour.
6. Add in all mix-ins and stir briefly.
7. Transfer the batter to a springform pan, sprayed with baking spray.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until baked through and a cake tester comes
out clean. Cool to room temperature or until slightly warm, and enjoy!