L.E.A.F FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS BLOOMS IN MEATPACKING
June 9, 2021
L.E.A.F, a celebration for all New Yorkers to come together and enjoy the beauty of nature, arrives in the Meatpacking District for the first annual festival of flowers.
A weekend designed to spotlight world class floral design, L.E.A.F will take place on Saturday, June 12 from 11am – 7pm and Sunday, June 13 from 11am – 6pm in Meatpacking, featuring a European-style flower market presented by TF Cornerstone around Gansevoort Plaza, a series of floral installations and displays, as well as retail and hospitality activations across the neighborhood.
In addition to the flower market, L.E.A.F has engaged over 100 florists to design a series of installations which will be scattered across the plazas and within retail and hospitality storefronts in and around Meatpacking, including:
- Double Rainbow by Aerie – Southwest Side of Gansevoort Plaza – Large scale, rainbow floral installation celebrating Pride Month, designed by East Olivia.
- Arhaus – 410 West 13th Street – Storefront floral installations designed by fleursBELLA.
- Chelsea Market – 15th Street, between Ninth & Tenth Avenues – Installations at the entrance and inside the market designed by Damselfly and East Olivia.
- Diane Von Furstenberg – 874 Washington Street – In-store floral installation designed by Popup Florist.
- FlowerSchool New York – 10 Little West 12th Street – FlowerSchool New York will be offering a series of 30 minute workshops from 10am – 4pm on Saturday and 10am – 2pm on Sunday ($35/person). On Sunday, following the last class, Master Designer Oscar Mora will be giving an Installation Demo and everyone who registers will also receive a complementary Oscar Mora signature flower puzzle. To register, visit www.flowerschoolny.com.
- Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC – 18 Ninth Avenue – Gansevoort Meatpacking will host a floral pop-up with G.H. Mumm Champagne, designed by The Unlikely Florist in celebration of National Rosé Day to benefit ROAR (Restaurants Organizing Advocating Rebuilding) and its advocacy efforts to increase worker equity and to create a sustainable operating formula for restaurants to thrive in New York City.
- Hermès – 46 Gansevoort Street – The leading French luxury retailer will feature a floral Hermès bike and cart at the store, designed by Renny and Reed.
- Lewis Miller Design – Ninth Avenue Plaza North (13-14th Streets) – Lewis Miller will be doing a series of Flower Flash installations around Meatpacking District, in collaboration with West Coast Street Artist Scott Froschauer.
- Marni – 1 Gansevoort Street – In-store experience with International Florist.
- Meatpacking District Installation – South Side of 14th Street at Ninth Ave and Hudson – designed by Theresa Rivera Design, a “Rainbow Colonnade,” custom made with Corten steel and wood seating, will be adorned with bursts of anthurium, amaranthus, and eremurus, and clusters of color from delphinium and roses, lilies, orchids, and ginger. It will have vines and willow throughout, as well as landscaped elements, including Japanese maple, columnar ilex, and coleus.
- Neighborhood Goods – 75 Ninth Avenue – Storefront installation designed by East Olivia.
- Theory – 40 Gansevoort Street – Shop Theory’s Summer Edit. View the in-store botanical sculpture designed by Popup Florist, and receive a complimentary tropical bouquet with your $300 purchase.
- The Standard – 848 Washington Street – The Standard, High Line will feature signature L.E.A.F-inspired cocktails on menu for the weekend.
- Three Owls Market – 800 Washington Street – In-store floral installation, designed by Flower Witch.
- TF Cornerstone Floral Cart – Middle Gansevoort Plaza – Floral cart designed by East Olivia and inspired by our vibrant NYC communities, culminating into a picture-worthy moment in the plaza. Free plant-a-pizza seed papers and tote bags will be handed out for marketgoers to enjoy.
- Stella Artois – Southeast Side of Gansevoort Plaza – Signature Stella Artois airstream adorned with florals, in celebration of Stella’s “Your Table Is Ready” campaign, designed by East Olivia. Stella’s “Your Table Is Ready” summer campaign will inspire you and your friends to eat your hearts out at your favorite restaurants again with a film featuring Padma Lakshmi, a celebratory #FirstStellaBack, a fresh approach to hosting dinner parties with OpenTable, a new 14oz. “Open For Good” aluminum bottle supporting the James Beard Foundation available exclusively in restaurants and bars.
- Warby Parker – 819 Washington Street – In-store floral installation and bouquet give away with sunglass purchase, designed by Oat Cinnamon.
- Whitney Museum of American Art – 99 Gansevoort Street – Artful floral installation designed by FDK Florals.
- Floral Installations – 25 floral plinth installations will adorn the streets of the Meatpacking District and are presented by Loro Piana (Popup Florist), Starbucks Reserve Roastery (Cape Lily), Lucid (Raven Hollow Guild), Taconic Partners (Larkspur Botanicals), Aurora Capital (Ariston Flowers), William Gottlieb Real Estate (Ariston Flowers), Sage Realty (Flower Bodega), Meilman Family Real Estate (Designs by Ahn), fleursBELLA, Larkspur Botanicals, Flower Bodega, Floratorium, Pic and Petal and Prism Harvest, Simply Nia Design, Raven Hollow Guild, Gypsy Alley, Design By Ahn, Michelle Edgemont Design, PSL Originals (with Van Vliet New York), PIGSTY + Flowers by Ford.