MTPK Summer Bucket List
August 5, 2021
With summer already halfway over, we’ve made a list of Summer Bucket List items in Meatpacking to check off while things are still hot. See below for a full list on what to do in the neighborhood while the season is still going strong.
- FROM A PLACE, OF A PLACE – The Meatpacking District + ARTNOIR’s program From A Place, Of A Place launches August 12th. The three-month, and five-part program is an immersive series using art and performance to engage neighbors and visitors in celebrating Black culture.
- Saturday Sets – Music on the cobbles is back starting August 7th! See live jazz at businesses across Meatpacking from 6 – 9pm.
- See Geometric Properties at Artechouse – Get a break from the summer heat and see the immersive audio/visual journey Geometric Properties at Artechouse.
- Dawoud Bey + Studio Bar drinks – See Photographer Dawoud Bey’s retrospective, An American Project at the Whitney Museum which includes striking portraits of New Yorkers that were captured in Brooklyn and Manhattan. After you view the exhibition, head to the 8th floor for the newly opened Studio Bar for cocktails and light bites with a view.
- See a movie at the Standard’s Flix on the plaza – Join The Standard for their outdoor movie series on The Plaza (aka Le Scaf). Each night offers a menu of booze, yummy bites, candy, and complimentary popcorn.
- Catch a show at Little Island. There’s no shortage of entertainment being offered at Manhattan’s newest park. Catch views along the West Side with a show available to see nearly every afternoon and evening. See the schedule here.
- Enjoy outdoor seating at Chelsea Market – With over 250 seats plus 1,200 square feet of outdoor dining space, there’s no better time to enjoy Chelsea Market than in the summer!
- Take a free outdoor fitness class at Sweat Sessions – Meatpacking’s The Sweat Sessions are back for the month of August! Take a free class outside from the top trainers and studios in the city. Sign up for a class here.
- Book a Dream Beach day pass- Go to the beach, in the city! The Dream Beach pool is the perfect place to escape. Make a reservation for a chaise lounge or beach cabana here.
- Grab a drink at the newly reopened Gansevoort Hotel Rooftop – Take in 360-degree views of the Manhattan skyline and Hudson River with refreshing cocktails and light bites at the Gansevoort Rooftop.
- Freshen up your look – Show the summer tresses some love and freshen up your look at Gina Le, Martial Vivot, or O + M Salon.
- Bring a summer read to Gansevoort Plaza – Enjoy the shade under an umbrella on Gansevoort Plaza and bring your current summer read. The Best part? It’s free.
- Explore the city on two wheels – Pick a new route and head down to the district on two wheels. See our guide for biking to the neighborhood here.
- Pick out a Summer accessory
- Check out the Neighborhood Goods list for items under $50 for a summer pick-me-up.
- For a bit of luxury at an affordable price, check out Marni’s market bags. With the price point at $100, it’s a fun way to bring a pop of color into your summer wardrobe.
- Stop by Warby Parker on Washington Street for a new pair of shades.
- Eat Omakase with a view– A new sushi experience called Saishin has popped up at The Gansevoort’s Rooftop with a custom menu created by Kissaki. Enjoy an omakase set while taking in the summer weather on the rooftop!
- Sip a frozen drink at Best Burger – Name a better combo in the summer than a burger and frozen drink. Best Burger’s frozen drinks hit the spot when you need to cool down, with a buzz.
- Have a house-made Hotdog at Dickson’s – Dickson’s Farmstand in Chelsea Market has next level homemade hotdogs that are perfect to enjoy outside at Chelsea Market’s outdoor seating area or you can take them home to grill yourself.
- Drink an Espresso Martini – If you haven’t heard yet, the espresso martini is back in full force. Try this (again) trendy drink in Meatpacking while it’s hot.
- Frosé – You can’t let summer pass by without indulging in at least one frosé. Both Fig + Olive and Pastis in Meatpacking serve up this frozen summertime treat.
- Try boozy ice cream at Aubi + Ramsa – New to the neighborhood Aubi + Ramsa serves up alcohol infused ice cream made with premium ingredients in small batches. Pro tip: Don’t miss out on the popular Coco Loco flavor made Don Julio Tequila.
Checking things off your Meatpacking Summer Bucket List? Tag us at @meatpackingny to be featured on our Instagram page!