Peace out 2020
December 27, 2020
We’ve made it to the end of 2020. That alone is reason to celebrate. While this New Year’s looks different from any NYE before, there’s plenty of ways to end the year on a high note. Here’s some ideas on how to spend the evening in Meatpacking near or far to ring in the much anticipated year of 2021.
10 THINGS TO DO ON NYE
1. Have a Staycation – Spend the night in your robe and order room service, pop bottles in bed, and say goodbye to 2020 for good at The Standard. They even have a special NYE In Room Dining Menu complete with oysters, caviar and cocktails so you can stay “out” past the 10pm rule. Book a room here.
2. Dine outside – Dining outdoors in NYC for New Year’s Eve is not something you probably imagined this time last year, but here we are. Support restaurants AND have a good time with options in the neighborhood to ring in the new year out of your apartment.
- Pastis – Open New Year’s Eve: 11am – 10pm, New Year’s Day: 10am – 3pm brunch, 5pm – 10pm Dinner. Reservations here.
3. Order a decadent meal to ring in the New Year– After 2020, we deserve a nice meal to ring in the new year. Some ideas for a decadent night in:
- Lobster Place – Place an order of fresh lobster to have delivered right to your door.
- Catch Steak – All of Catch’s signature steaks are available for delivery or pickup served with their signature seasonings plus an instruction manual on how to cook them to perfection.
- Pastis – Caviar, Champagne, Prime Rib Eye, and Lobster are what you’ll find on Pastis’ NYE package and it’s the ultimate way to start the new year.
- See our full list of takeout/delivery options in the neighborhood here.
4. Ring in 2020 safely from home with Tao’s NYE Virtual Experience – Guests can stream 4 hours of programmed festivities bringing together the best of Tao’s offerings. Packages include access to a comedy show with Pat McGann, Chef & Mixology Sessions, DJ Dance Party, and a curated Party Box complete with Bottle Service to your home. More info here.
6. End the Year on a Sweet Note – The year has been anything but nice, but you can at least end it with something sweet.
- Insomnia Cookies – Add some cookie fun to New Year’s Eve festivities with the Eat It 2020 Kit, a DIY cookie box that comes with 12 Classics cookies, buttercream frosting, sprinkles, and various 2020-themed images.
- Three Owls – Treat yourself with Three Owls’s FAREWELL 2020 basket. Bid adieu in style with a ginger stout cake, cheesy gougere, sparkly holiday cookies, also sparkly Prosecco, smoked trout dip, luxardo cherries, hot cocoa mix, cheese, crackers, and very shiny crinkle paper.
- Doughnuttey – Looking for a fun and delicious family project to ring in the new year? Make Doughnuttery’s mini doughnuts at home with their DIY kit. The kit comes with 1 Pound Doughnuttery Doughnut Mix and 4 sugar blends
7. Recover from a night in – The Gansevoort Hotel is hosting a Recovery Brunch on NYD.
8. See Tom Fruin’s installation on Gansevoort Plaza – Now on view in Gansevoort plaza, Tom Fruin’s Bombora House. A public art installation paying homage to a house on 13th and Ninth where artists would gather to collaborate and create. Read more about the installation here.
9. Look forward to a brighter 2021 – Check out Artechouse’s “Celestial”, an immersive digital art installation that that celebrates Pantone’s Color of the Year 2020, #ClassicBlue.
10. Selfcare the night away – If 2020 taught us anything, it’s to take care of yourself. Spend the night of New Year’s in zen with CBD from TribeTokes, face masks from Caudalie, and light incense from Pearl River Mart to let all the good vibes in for 2021.