Seed + Mill TAHINI RHUBARB BARS
April 24, 2018
These Seed + Mill Tahini Blackberry Rhubarb Almond Bars have a crisp tahini almond flour crust topped with soft almond frangipane, fresh blackberries and tart rhubarb. They are paleo, gluten-free and refined sugar free!
For the crust:
1 c almond flour
2 tbs tapioca flour
2 tbs coconut sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbs melted coconut oil
1 tbs Organic Tahini
For the topping:
3/4 c unsalted almonds
1 tbs tapioca flour
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/3 c coconut sugar
3 tbs coconut oil, solid
2 tbs Organic Tahini
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped rhubarb, cut into 1″ thick slices
1 c fresh blackberries
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbs lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8″ square pan with parchment paper. Grease with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients for the crust until fully combined, and there’s no dry flour remaining. Press the crust evenly in the pan.
3. In a food processor or blender grind the almonds, tapioca flour, salt and coconut sugar for the topping to a powder (or as fine as you can make it). Add the coconut oil and tahini and process until no longer visible. Add the egg and vanilla, blending until completely incorporated, and a smooth paste is formed. Spread the filling evenly over the almond crust.
4. Toss the fruit with the lemon zest and juice and evenly spread over the almond paste.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until set and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
7. Keep any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
You can find Seed + Mill at Swing into Spring on April 24th for a free jar of freshly milled tahini with purchase.