WORK WITH US!
March 31, 2016
We need help! The Meatpacking District is looking for an intern to support our Director of Operations.
Capital Projects and Operations Intern
The Meatpacking BID is seeking a Capital Projects and Operations Intern to work with and support the Director of Operations. The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- – Walking the District to inspect capital furniture, street and sanitation conditions and keeping records and tracking depreciation and the need for maintenance
- – Monitoring wifi network; coordinating and planning for further build out of network
- – Database analysis and management
- – Reporting damaged signs and street furniture to appropriate agencies and coordinating its re-installation
- – Identifying potential capital projects and working towards planning to implement
- – Supporting the strategic communication efforts on behalf of the BID to share information around two large infrastructure construction projects
- – Updating district maps and tracking vacancy
- – Positive, can-do attitude
- – Upper class undergraduate student; Graduate-level Urban Planning or Real Estate student preferred
- – Solid communication skills, written and oral
- – Understanding of BID structure and New York City Government
- – Proficient in MS Office suite, especially Excel
- – Familiarity with Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
The Meatpacking District Management Association is the non-profit business improvement district (BID) for the Meatpacking District. The BID represents and promotes the area’s businesses and their interests, produces events, and manages a marketing and public relations campaign for the neighborhood. It is also responsible for neighborhood’s sanitation, public safety, and landscaping.
The internship is eligible for class credit and its length is for the summer and/or into the fall semester. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter Jeffrey LeFrancois at Jeffrey@meatpacking-district.com.